There are 3 easy ways to make an appointment with us.
- Call us at 832-828-1005 to make an appointment.
- Walk in for an appointment. Be sure to call ahead. This allows us to serve you better.
- Make appointments online with MyChart.
The Center for Children and Women only accepts Texas Children's Health Plan members.
Your first visit
What to bring for children
Please bring these items with you on your first visit:
- Vaccine card.
- Any medicine you or your child takes.
- Birth record for newborns.
- Photo ID.
What to bring for Women's Health Services
- Medical records that you may have from all your pregnancies. Especially if you had surgery or any complications. If you do not have records, the name and address of your doctors and hospital that you used will be very helpful.
- Medical records about health problems you might have.
- The bottles of any medicines, vitamins, herbal products, or home remedies that you are taking.
- The date of the first day of your last menstrual period.
- Any information about problems that run in your family.
- Any information about babies in your family who have been born with birth defects.
What to expect
We are here to meet all your medical needs. Expect to be treated with respect and to get the highest quality care for you and your family. Here is some of what you can expect on your first visit:
- Our staff will greet you and lead you to various areas for your visit.
- We will answer all of your questions to the best of our ability.
- You will get instruction about specific care or medicine.
For pregnant women
If you are pregnant, here is what else you can expect on your first visit:
- Because we try to meet all of your needs at each visit, your first visit may take 1 to 2 hours.
- You will meet with a health-care professional to review all of your medical history.
- We will ask you to take a urine sample.
- You will need to take blood tests.
- You will meet with a health-care provider for an exam. This may include tests for vaginal infections and a pap smear.
- You will meet with other support services where appropriate.
- You will either have an ultrasound/sonogram or receive an appointment for one.
- You will get information about our new prenatal care program, CenteringPregnancy®. You will also have the option to get traditional care.
- You will get a convenient time for your next visit.