Visitation Update Effective Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Texas Children’s Health Plan’s The Centers for Children and Women will allow one parent or caregiver age 18 or older to accompany each patient to appointments.
- To help protect our patients and staff – if at all possible – we ask that you not bring siblings, children or other visitors younger than 18 years of age. Please know we are here to care for any patient who needs us.
In addition to the visitor guidelines above, we ask that you do all you can to decrease the spread of COVID-19 by continuing to limit your attendance at gatherings, wearing a mask, washing your hands and practicing social distancing in the community.
Our clinical and administrative leaders review COVID-19 positivity rates at Texas Children’s, across the Texas Medical Center and in the community daily, and if/when rates begin to rise again, we will act quickly to reexamine and update our visitation guidelines, as needed.
What if I have questions?
If you feel you or your loved ones have been exposed to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please do one of the following:
- Call your Primary Care Provider directly
- See an online provider now through Texas Children’s Anywhere Care with a smartphone, tablet, or computer. The online visits are a covered benefit for Texas Children’s Health Plan members.
- Call our 24 hour nurse help line at 1-800-686-3831 or TDD 1-800-735-2989